Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

5

Quick question, Why don't polar bears eat penguins? Just keep reading to find out.

Today is my first day off since I arrived (accept for Sabbath). We work two weeks on full-time, and one week off. I might be going into Kempsey or Port Macquarie for a bit of hiking or leisurely time at the beach --surfing? I am really excited, and may not be blogging too much this week, since I will be enjoying my time in Australia like the tourist I am. I still can't get over the comment the Australian airport employee made when I landed in Sydney before I got to customs; I asked for directions and he said, "Oh you Americans, you never know where your going". I laughed -- it was funny!

If your wondering why I haven't posted any pictures. I forgot my camera's memory card. I realized that on the plane to Sydney. But I have my 1970s camera that I will truck around, and may buy a disposable camera in town -- I hope. So that I may come back with some pictures. If I could only describe to you the scenery and the beauty of Australia. It is lovely. Every morning when I walk from my dorm to the campus I am greeted by a heap load of kangaroos! I even saw one the other day with a baby in its pouch -- well I wasn't wearing my glasses, so I think that's what I saw! As soon as I saw that furry blob in what I thought was a pouch I thought, dang! I forgot those awful glasses, again! I am always seeming to forget them here. Today was the last day of the guest. They all left today. One of them wrote a poem for us; I'll give you an excerpt:

"I've been to misty mountain, the prestigious health retreat
Where folk with dubious lifestyles learn a different way to eat.
Though believed to be near Kempsey, it is far removed from shop.
Which might temp the weak willed clients to buy pies or alco-pops.
The long road twist and turns until the car sick guest arrive
If their hormones weren't imbalanced, it will happen on this drive.

The guest at Misty Mountain usually suffer some disease
The hope of restoration helps them pay up front their fees.
For two full days rich nourishment is served in liquid form
This makes energy available and creates a toxic storm!
organic minerals join force, they have a war to win,
Steam bats and sweat will send the poison charging through the skin.
We wash them off in shower or creek, the blood reacts with speed
Performed three times in sequence, gives the daily cleanse we need.

Secreted in our bodies are small strings of DNA
Genetic information which the cells must all obey
The DNA has graceful shape, a fence guards its insides
Amino acids wrapped around with polysaccharides.
The body is designed to heal itself of all its ills
Without the aid of surgery and antibiotic pills."

It was so funny! And really wonderful too! It was written by an older lady of 83.

I really have loved their cooking here -- their was Tofu Cheesecake, and Carob Mousse. It was delicious! I ate two bowls of the Mousse today with my lunch. Even though I did indulge a little, it is pretty much guilt free and almost sugar free too! Now for all you guys who like their desserts super sweet; the carob mousse is not. But I enjoy it that way, and if you add 10 drops of peppermint extract (or oil) it taste even better. But the Tofu Cheesecake on the other hand is much sweeter, especially with the fresh berries.

Carob Mousse:
1 litre soymilk
8 dessertspoons corn starch (or arrowroot)
8 dessertspoons carob powder
2 dessertspoons Caro
2 dessertspoons maple syrup
1 can coconut cream
10 drop peppermint oil (optional)

Blend together than cook till thickened. Place in bowl, sprinkle with coconut and refrigerate.

Tofu Cheesecake:

Base:
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup spelt or rice flour
1/2 cup blended nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sunflower or olive oil

mix all together. Press firmly into dish and bake at 180 degrees C. for 15 minutes till just brown.

filling:
300gm silken tofu
1cup cashews
440gm tin crushed pineapple
1/2 cup water
3-4 TBSP corn starch or arrow root
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 cup lemon juice

Blend all together and pour into saucepan; simmer till thick, then pour into crust to set.

Toppings:
Heat 420gmtin of berries
Add 2TBSP cornstarch  or arrowroot mixed with 1/4 of the juice
Stir till thick
Cook 2 minutes Cool.
Spread over set filling and place in fridge.

Okay, while being honest I do not know the conversions to Celsius to F -- or the grams, or dessertspoons. But I was halfway through typing up these recipes when I noticed the "un-American" like measuring part. I did not know what to do, so I kept typing. If you really want this conversion -- just let me know, but if not. Oh well -- that's what I ate at least, ay?

I hope you are all doing well. I miss you all. Each and every one of you! Hope all is well, I will send out post cards to everyone this week off -- I hope you like post cards! I am really enjoying myself in Australia, and I now am making plans to travel the world. And find all the other creations God has made. It's truly remarkable being here in the Southern hemisphere.

So, Why don't polar bears eat penguins? Because they live on opposite sides of the world, one in Antarctica, and one in the Artic! Learned that today.

Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment