Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

12



 
This chart has to do with blending your own teas. Whether you need it for simple herbal tea at the end of the day, or if your more interested in the whole idea of the healing properties of teas -- great! This chart will help you understand some basics of mixing your own teas.
 
There are a few general recipes; however, it really depends on personal taste. I love herbal teas on occasion, although I do not support caffeinated teas -whatsoever. Caffeine can really do a lot of harm to the body. And yes, this does mean that I do not support or suggest green tea! But along those lines, I do occasionally enjoy a herbal tea.  But there are a few general rules that should be followed when making herb teas. The usual amount of herb used is 1 teaspoon of dried herbs or 3 teaspoons of fresh herbs to one cup of boiling water. Pour the cup of boiling water over the herb  and let set (steep) for 5 to 10 minutes. To make the tea stronger, use more herbs -- don't let it steep longer, this will cause bitterness.
 
I find the use of teas a very powerful, yet forgotten remedy. People tend to use the prepared tea bags as a means of drinking tea -- I am guilty of this too, for reasons of convince. But ironically I am not a huge tea drinker. Maybe I will drink one, once every month or two? But I found this awesome device about 2 months ago that makes me want to drink tea everyday! Its from mountain rose herbs, and it is genius. I think I showed the girls at work this commercial like 50 times.
 
It's quite an inventive device, and I look forward to my purchase soon. But meanwhile I am making myself a list of all the teas that I plan on drinking, hence my research into making your own tea blends by scratch! Very cool. I never heard of people doing this before, but I guess its just the hippie inside of me that found this so intriguing!
 
Speaking of herbal teas, water, liquid in general I learned an awesome fact that I believe needs to be held around the world. And I would love some help with this experiment. I may write a blog post with the responses! One week trial test. This is the theory:
 
Stop drinking water or liquid with your meals to lose a few pounds. Change only that. Stop drinking water or liquid 30 minutes before you start eating, and an hour and a half after you finish. The idea is that liquid dilutes your hydrochloric acid in your stomach -- causing your digestion to slow down. You will digest your food much more properly if you do not drink with your meal. Causing a speed of your metabolism. Don't change anything else -- just your drinking times. Obviously, this will not cause massive weight loss, and obviously a change of diet, and exercise is needed to -- however, what if you only changed one thing, an easy thing, would it work? I am curious. I heard about this at Misty Mountain, but I am longing for substantial evidence.
 
Weigh yourself morning and night for 7 days, and email me the results of how much total weight you lost during the week (you don't have to email me how much you weigh, duh! but just how much you dropped from this single change). It can't hurt to try it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment