Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

4

Today was my "American" birthday; however, yesterday I celebrated with pancakes in the morning, and one girl did my half of some of the chores in the morning as a present. It was a nice birthday -- very simple. And who could ask for more being in the Australian bush? Its funny since I am a "winter" baby here, but a "summer" child in the states.

If a guest had a headache there are a few remedies the staff will do as protocol. One is a hot foot bath: very hot water for 20 minutes, cold face washer on head, finishing with a cold flush, and than submersion in an ice bath afterwards. Cayenne poultice on both feet. A herb tea is made: two tsp. wood betony, two tsp. peppermint, two cups boiling water, and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Pick some fever few leaves, and let them chew on them. Willow bark capsules: 1 or 2 capsules, and 2 every 1/2hr if severe. If in the states you wanted to buy some herbs please visit this website -- called mountain rose herbs, they are great. The herbs sold their come from Oregon, they have a great selection, and they are either organic or wild crafted (picked ethically from the wild).

Before my lecture notes here are a few cool recipes for digestion aid:
Digestive powder = 1pt. Myrrh, 8pts. Slippery Elm, 1pts. Golden Seal : you can put these into vegetable capsules (you can buy them at www.mountainroseherbs.com) as well.
Digestive Tea = 1pt. Genetian; 1 pt. Dandelion; 1pt. Goldenseal and a 1/2 piece of fresh ginger.

I also watched the most boring documentary of my life last night; I know me? the documentary buff -- bored with a documentary. It was horrible, but it had some good information. If William was to fall asleep during a documentary this is the one. I am confused how he fell asleep during the other ones, but this one was bad. It's called Quick silver about mercury or silver fillings in the teeth. I'll have to find another documentary to recommend about this topic, but Quick Silver is even too boring for me. Sorry.

I did my first massage in like a month it feels like today. I went well. It's almost odd not doing massage all the time. I feel like a part of me is missing -- and to believe I was burnt out a month ago. I am really starting to enjoy it again, and I remember why I love massage. It's wonderful.

Lecture today was on the eight laws of health which are:
1. Sunshine -- people don't realize they need at least 15 minutes a day of sunshine to harvest enough vitamin D for the day. So many people are deficient in vitamin D these days -- why? when you put on sunscreen you not only are blocking out the bad rays, but also the good -- you cannot get Vitamin D with sunscreen on. You don't have to go outside and tan for 15 minutes, but staying outside working, or reading -- even with properly layered clothes will help you maintain your Vitamin D levels. Also, don't scrub your skin before or after sun exposure. By not scrubbing your skin before or after you are helping your skin retain the vitamin D while it is being absorbed into the body. But a note for my husband's family -- the darker your skin, the more sun you need. So you guys may not need as much as me!

2. Air -- Open your windows when you sleep! Open your windows when your home! It will bring pure air into your home, and purify your air naturally.  Be mindful of the air your breathing -- the air you breath can effect your health.

3. Temperance -- a good trick Barbra taught us for correcting the little ones. Smile when you correct them sternly; your smile tell them you still love them, while your words correct their behavior. Teach your children chores. Barbra said her daughter bought all stainless steal dishes so that her children can do the dishes too -- without breaking any!

4. Rest -- The pineal gland releases 4 hormones ONLY between the hours of 9pm-2am (or 10pm-3am for daylight savings) seratonin, epithalamin, arginine rastoncin, melatonin. Haven't you heard the old saying, "one hour before midnight is worth two after?" To increase these hormones: Laugh! Exercise daily, sleep in the dark (your body get confused with a nightlight on, or in my case, the bathroom light!), fasting before bed (don't eat 5 hours at least before you sleep!). Sunshine, and Eating bananas with produce more melatonin. What can decrease these hormones? Going to bed late, worry, meat products -- they contain methionine which interact with serotonin and melatonin. Caffeine, Artificial lighting (screens from the computer, or cellphone). The most dangerous time for your eyes to use a computer is between 9pm and 2am -- study early in the morning you university students!

5. Exercise -- did you know that 30 push-up can raise your blood sugar levels? By exercising you release the glucagon in your cells without the lollypop for those diabetics out there. On the note of diabetes did you know that if a child has cows milk in the first year of life they are more likely to develop type II diabetes? *AS IN THE CHINA STUDY BY COLIN CAMPBELL*

6. Proper Diet -- Eat all good things in moderation. Not "ALL" things are good in moderation and these are the things that aren't > White Sugar (Even the brown sugar in the US is too processed -- try limited your sugar intake in only natural sugars such as maple syrup, or honey), Bleached Flour, Caffeine, Mercury -- yes, that means fish. There is no safe dose of mercury -- take a look at your silver fillings. Haven't you heard of the Mad-Hatters?, Alcohol -- women are giving birth to babies who have fetal alcohol syndrome when only drinking a limited amount, a glass of wine per week. There is a big debate out there, but there is no safe dose of alcohol; especially when pregnant. Tobacco, Drugs, MSG, and any Chemicals. Did you know that when you clean any type of mold with bleach the fumes they release are toxic? Clean mold with vinegar. Old days, Old ways.

Eat two meals a day -- your stomach needs rest. Eat breakfast like a king, Lunch like a Queen and Tea like a poor man. Give your stomach a rest, take time to digest your food. When do you run into digestive problems? Over-eating, Eating too often, Being anxious when you eat, drinking large quantities of water when you eat, alcohol. Yes, I know it may sound odd but do not drink water with your meal! It will dilute your digestive enzymes! Drink an hour and a half before or after! It will also speed up your metabolism! An easy way to lose a pound or two.

7. Water -- Did you know that staying hydrated will limited or erase how much you get sunburned?

8. Jesus. A connection with God always helps the mind and body. Don't you agree?

Thanks for reading! Hope your all doing well. I miss you all. Thanks for all my birthday wishes they were all much appreciated! And William, your sad songs about me gone are always my highlight -- you know down here they are all saying you sound like Bob Dylan? I love you. Please you all keep in touch. I am doing well -- part of me wants to move you guys to Australia so I can live here forever. It is a beautiful country. Truly spectacular. But in a month I will be home sick -- or maybe just for Idaho country. I am sorry Baton Rouge, you know I love the people, but your scenery and the lack of wilderness is lacking.

I am going into a poultice lecture tonight, than on my way back to the dorm. In America it is 3:12am on August 28, yet it is 6:12:pm on August 28th in Australia -- I am posting this blog from the future. Far out!

No comments:

Post a Comment